RUTH INSTITUTE ANNOUNCES $4500 IN PRIZES TO WINNERS OF “REEL LOVE CHALLENGE”
College Students Promote Positive Message On Marriage In Web Videos
SAN MARCOS, CA – The Ruth Institute, a project of the National Organization for Marriage Education Fund, announces the winners of its first annual Reel Love Challenge, a video contest targeting college students around the country, and aimed at promoting a positive view of marriage and lasting love:
- First Place, $2,000, “Carter and Sherrie” by Becca Summers from Highland, UT
- Second Place, $1,500, “Catching the Vision” by Maria Proctor from Provo, UT
- Third Place, $1,000, “Serve One Another in Love” by Erik Parks from La Vergne, TN
Students around the country were invited to submit brief videos to the contest website answering the question “How is lifelong love possible?” Video submissions were received beginning on September 20, 2010 and concluded in February 2011.
Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse, founder and president of The Ruth Institute, offered the following congratulations to the winners:
“Reel Love Challenge was an opportunity for college students to defy stereotypes and prove that they care about lasting love in marriage. Our three winners did not disappoint, and we are so encouraged by their efforts and the stories they tell in their videos. We thank all of the students who entered the contest and encourage everyone to view all of the submissions on our website. Discussing marriage in new ways can help shape our culture’s conversations on what lasting love means, and our hope is that the Reel Love Challenge will be a catalyst for a deeper appreciation of the benefits of committed, lasting marriage relationships.”
The fourth through sixth place finishers are “honorable mentions” that will be receiving a flip-camera.
- Fourth Place, “Always Hand in Hand” by Justin Ahlmann, Provo, UT
- Fifth Place, “Life Long Love Starts Today” by Christopher Burton, Omaha, NE
- Sixth Place, “The Secret of Life Long Love” by Andrew Proctor, Provo, UT
Reel Love Challenge entries can be viewed at www.ruthinstitute.org/reellovechallenge.
To schedule an interview with Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse, contact Mary Beth Hutchins at 703-683-5004 x.105 or by e-mail at email@example.com